Role Title: Research Specialist / Senior Research Specialist
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Consultant / Senior consultant to assist them in preparing in-depth study reports comprising market / opportunity assessment, competitor intelligence, best practices related to market/business, competition benchmarking, customer assessment, trend analysis, market forecasting, etc. and also assist them in conducting feasibility searches while preparing study proposals
- End to end involvement in terms of execution of primary research strategy, and efficient planning and reporting (interview planning, tracking, drafting discussion guide; comprehensive and relevant contact list preparation; conducting in-depth interview with key respondents); ensure complete ownership of primary research as per defined timelines
- Ownership of conducting interpretation-based secondary research in paid and public sources >>> Exhibiting sound knowledge of effectively using paid and public business, technical, and patent databases (Factiva, Questel Orbit, Chemical Weekly, import-export databases, analyst reports, credit reports, reports by investment bank and consulting cos, FAOSTAT, USGS, EIA, etc.)
- Ability to prepare slides independently as per the defined scope of work, with the guidance of senior team members prepare executive summary. Consistent adherence to quality standards in search methodology design, project execution and deliverable preparation
- Ensure efficient quality control mechanism at self / peer / junior level to ensure logical conclusions / deductions, data integrity, adequate triangulation of data / information, reasonable quality of sources, etc.
- Active participation during proposal preparation with feasibility assessment, preparation of background / domain slides, mapping of relevant experts, sample output slide preparation, etc.
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree – chemical & material or related fields or equivalent experience. OR Bachelors in Chemical/polymer science/Biotechnolgy/metallurgy/industrial and MBA. Degree: B.E Chemical Engineering, Bachelor of Science [B.Sc], Master of Science [M.Sc] + preferably MBA (marketing / operations)
- 2–7 years of experience in customer research or consulting type of engagements
- Ability to independently conduct comprehensive secondary and primary research using diverse information sources
- Excellent written, verbal, & listening communication skills and top notch analytical skills as well
- Strong analytical mind-set and with strong technical background to generate insights and actionable recommendations for the client